New Race HQ is Redwither Tower Redwither Business Park Wrexham LL13 9XT
With loyal support from the Village Bakery we continue to bring you this fast, flat and chip-timed half. Starting on Dunster Road and finishing at ‘The Club House’ Oak Road on Wrexham Industrial Estate, this classic race is popular with some of the fastest runners in the region as well as those tackling the distance for the first time. It is a well marshalled course with plenty of support and drink stations.
£300.00 cash for 1st, £200.00 for 2nd & £100.00 for 3rd Open male and female as well as cash prizes for 1st place in Vet Categories. Team prize for 1st Male and Female Teams as well as the tasty traditional Welsh baked goodies for all finishers courtesy of the Village Bakery Wrexham. Look out for the 2020 new bespoke finishers medal. We will have temporary road closures and an increased parking for the. This race always sells out well in advance so register early.
Due to the time of year and responsibility to our marshals and to allow us to reopen the roads we have a cut off time of 3 hours. Runners taking longer than three hours may not receive the full on course support.
Headphones are not allowed during this race in accordance with UK Athletics rules as the course does not have a full road closure with the exception of bone conducting headphones.
Entrants must be 17 and over on race day. Entry cost is £15. 00 for UKA Affiliated Runners and £17.00 for non-UKA affiliated runners until 1st March 2019 when the price will increase to the standard rate of £21/£23. There is a late entry fee from Sunday 1st December which is £23/£25.
The race will again incorporate the North Wales Half Marathon championships and we will again add additional cash prizes for the top three men and women.
- Birth: born within the area covered by N.W.R.A.C.
- Residence: Continuous residence within the area covered by N.W.R.A.C. for at least 9 months.
- Retention: An athlete may retain his/her qualification to represent N. Wales and compete in the N. Wales Regional Championship, provided that he/she has not represented another Region or County (District in Scotland), nor competed in a different Regional or County (District in Scotland) Championship in the same year of competition.
- Where an athlete competes for a club not based in Wales but does qualify on one of the above three criteria, they must register with Welsh Athletics to be eligible.
- Entrants must be members of affiliated Clubs, be current members of the registration scheme of Welsh Athletics and pay a 50p per person surcharge to enter the championships*.