I’ve arranged another “Run/Swim/Run/food” event for Sunday morning, 5th August. Hopefully the scorching sunshine will continue. Low tide is at 11.30.
The plan is to meet at 10.30 on the beach (just across from the Sailing School and ice cream hut) at the foot of Dee Lane, West Kirby.
As previously, there are three run options:
1. A 7.2 mile run (at 8 minute mile pace) – 5 miles out to the main island via Victoria Road, Ashton Park, the Wirral Way, Marine Lake and The Little Eye, and 2 miles back.
2. A 5-mile run (at 9 minute mile pace) – 3 miles out to the main island via The Marine Lake then The Little Eye, and 2 miles back.
3. A 4-mile run (at 10 minute mile pace) – 2 miles out to the main island via The Little Eye, and 2 miles back, suitable for families.
I may also include a 1 mile run – half a mile out to the Little Eye and half a mile back.
Trail shoes recommended.
Children welcome but under the strict supervision of adults.
Swimming – this was huge fun last time so if you are thinking of participating, please ensure you are a competent swimmer, used to swimming in the open sea.
For safety reasons, there will be pre and post run registration.
Normal Sunday morning runners could either:
• Run from Thurstaston to West Kirby and then add on the Hilbre run
• Have a lie in and make this their Sunday morning run
The plan is to have a barbeque/picnic on the beach after the run. Bring your own food, portable barbeques and drinks. Marigolds restaurant is not too far away if anyone prefers a fish and chips takeaway.
Are there any non-running spouses/partners who would register the runners out and in and look after the picnic site/car keys while the rest are out running?
Also, are there volunteer run leaders for each of the run distances? (I will lead run 3)
More details nearer the time.